Saturday, June 5, 2010

Concert

Melanie recently won a radio contest where we got to go to a private concert with Sara Bareilles. It was done in the lobby of a local hotel so it was small and there were only about 50 people there. It was really impressive. I didn't realize how talented she is. She was a lot of fun to watch play and connected well with the audience, and musically she was flawless.

After the concert we got a chance to meet her, which was sort of like a reception line at a wedding. We all lined up and walked past her as she shook our hand, we told her how much we enjoyed the concert, she gave us an autograph, and took a picture with us. It made me feel kinda bad for her. I am sure she does this often and I know standing in the reception line at my wedding got old after a while, and I was shaking hands with people I knew and was excited to see, not random strangers that won a radio contest.

Anyway it was a lot of fun, and I would recommend Sara Bareilles to anyone now. She only really had one song that I knew of but after hearing her concert I downloaded some more of her music and I love listening to the new tracks.

Here is a pic of our big moment with Sara. My only regret is we didn't take Gracie she would have loved it, but it was 21 and over and we couldn't find her fake ID.

1 comment:

Jessica Duff said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!